Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A poem....

So here is a poem I wrote during a slow day at work, I use these to remind myself to think about God during my day. It is an easy way to keep thinking about God through a rough time, or when we are waiting for Him to come to our rescue, which happens allot for me it seems. I don't think they are ever that great, but than I write them to God and He knows where my heart is when I write them.


The son of man upon the cross
So all who trust will not be lost

He took my sins and with them died
So that in His life I could confide

All my sins and fears and wants
My earthly self that always haunts

It waits and waits and begs and pleads
To come back in and rule my deeds

This fight is real and hard at times
To see the goal and not my grime

But robes of white and eternal life
Are all that wait beyond some strife

Just Finish the race, and carry the cross
For this is one battle that cannot be lost

The victories ours, with His spoils of war
Just stay on the course and never ignore

The treasure we have in Jesus secure
So please don’t just live your life as a tour

Buying and craving and hording your wealth
Living as though its all for yourself

But wealth is not something that goes beyond death
It fails to give even one single breath

So while you are here and blessed by his hand
Turn it God that sinners may stand

For what is life that in it we boast
And where does it say that through life we can coast

In fact the opposite is true
God tells us our life will carry some blue

But in the end when you believe
God will not, his promises leave

He’ll hold You and love you and welcome you in
And never once will he bring up your sin!

No comments: